MANILA – The government is set to issue new guidelines to guide allowed cinemas to operate in the middle of the pandemic.
This was confirmed by the Department of Health (DOH) after the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) allowed the opening of some establishments such as cinemas.
“One of the safeguards was the upcoming guidelines which will be coming from the Department of Labor and Employment, wherein they have consulted with an epidemiologist,” said Health Usec. Maria Rosario Vergeire.
“So that they can provide these ventilation requirements specifically in enclosed spaces.”
Vergeire explained that there was no change in the guidelines previously issued by the DOH. It contains a reminder of minimum public health standards.
Such as wearing a face mask and face shield, and a distance of one meter or more.
“Yun pa rin naman ang ating kailangan ipatupad, although kapag inilabas na yung sa DOLE baka magkaroon tayo ng additional supplementary guidelines for us to better explain.”
Today, Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said that the reopening of theaters has been postponed to March 1.
However, he clarified that the opening of such an establishment still depends on the approval of the local government units.
“The implementation of the opening of the cinema, if it continues, is March 1,” said Roque.